Getting Rid of Your Old Technology
Are you holding onto old technology that you no longer use? Is the complexity of getting rid of your old technology keeping you from doing anything about it? You are not alone.
Some of us have drawers full of old mobile phones, boxes with tablets and laptops, and a PC or two crammed in the back of a closet. Even businesses fall into the trap of holding on to old equipment. Server rooms and storage closets often feature stacks of laptops and towers of PCs that haven't been used in years.
What Are You Supposed to Do?
The problem is that most of us don't know what to do with them. Here are just a few reasons you should recycle your old technology:
- Keep technology out of already crowded landfills.
- Contribute to possible refurbishment of your old tech so someone else could benefit from it.
- Free up space in your garage, office, or storage space.
- Lessen your carbon footprint on the planet.
- Computer recycling lowers air pollution.
- Materials in computers may be harmful – those don’t need to be sitting around in a landfill or even in your home.
- Your data could be breached, which could cause a host of problems for you, such as identity theft or credit card theft.
- It’s actually illegal in some states to throw away computers.
Now that you understand the reasons old technology is beneficial for you, then it raises the next set of questions in our mind like: Is there a place near me to safely recycle these devices? Are they worth any money? Maybe you have thought of giving them away, but you have heard that it can be dangerous due to the sensitive data. What are you supposed to do?
There Is Plenty of Advice, but Is Any of It Good?
The advice we find on the internet or from friends and co-workers can leave us even more confused. Does getting rid of old technology simply require erasing everything? Or do we need to destroy hard drives or whole devices? Is there any way to safely recycle or donate old technology?
Fortunately, there is no need to figure these things out for yourself. There are people ready and willing to help. At HaulDash, we can help you every step of the way. HaulDash can make the process of getting rid of your old technology easy, painless, and secure. We will ensure that your data is destroyed and take care of selling or donating your devices. You can feel confident that your data won't fall into the wrong hands and, with our "No Landfill" policy, you can be sure you have done all you can for the environment.